Monday, September 14, 2009

classes

Okay, so this is my second post of the day. but I have to fit them all in due to my lack of computer time.

So I signed up for classes today, I am taking Wolof (the local language), History of Islam (which will help tons with my Bachelor's essay), African literature, and also Arabic. All of my classes are taught in French. I had my first class, Wolof, this morning. It was interesting, learning an additional language while also speaking in French. There is very little english involved. But I know I will be AWESOME at French when I get back (I hope). And the teacher for my African lit class seems awesome. He promises we will discuss everything from Sociology to Political Science and beyond in regards to the literature. And again, this will all be in French, which might be a challenge, haha! My arabic course is more of an independent study, I am the only one taking it, and i get to design my own course. I think it will be really good.

Of course the most awesome part is that my classes start at 12pm monday and wednesday, then not until 330 on Tuesday and Thursday, and NO CLASSES ON FRIDAY! yay, that's awesome.

I'm so happy about all that. And I'm so ready to jump into all of my classes. wOOt.

1 comment:

  1. haha i'm taking history of islam too!!! (except its actually hist. of islam in the middle east).
    go us :)

    ReplyDelete